Car Park Fire under a Residential Block of Flats in London, Marylebone.

London Fire Brigade Firefighters tackled a fire in a car park under a block of flats on Harrowby Street in Marylebone. The fire affected a small area of a basement car park and fortunately there were no injuries. The fire is believed to have been cause by the careless disposal of a cigarette. A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: It’s absolutely vital you ensure your cigarette is completely out when you’ve finished smoking it. If you don’t, you risk causing a fire that could destroy not only your home, but also your life.” To read more click here.

London Fire Risk Assessments advice to clients: If you have a Car Park under your block of Flats you should have a ‘No Smoking’ policy as it is a High Risk area. Signs should be displayed throughout the Car Park and the Communal area of the Flats. Click here to find ‘No Smoking’ signs. London Fire Risk Assessments manage many Residential Blocks of Flats in London for Property Management Companies and one of key deficiencies identified is Fire loading in Car Parks. Many Residents use this area to store their bulky items or items that they do not use on a day to day basis. It is the Property Managements responsibility to ensure this unnecessary Fire Loading is removed or placed in a Fire Resisting Cabinet. If the items are not removed and a cigarette ignites the stored items it will quickly spread through the area and if the Fire separation between the Car Park and the Flats is not up to standard you could find yourself in an emergency situation. Check your housekeeping and check your <a title="Homepage" href=" browse around”>Fire Risk Assessment is up to date? Do you have a Fire Emergency Plan? For any Fire Safety information contact our friendly team they are good at listening! 01689 890879