Electrical Fire in Charles Dickens former offices in Covent Garden London

London Fire Brigade reported that a small electrical fire hit a café, which used to be the offices of Charles Dickens’ weekly magazine on Wellington Street in Covent Garden. The alarm was raised by an occupant of the flats above the shop noticing smoke in their communal stairwell. Smoke was coming from a unit in the basement and a member of staff tackled it using a foam extinguisher. Thankfully there were no injuries. The cause of the fire is believed to heating of the fuse board igniting insulation. To read more click here.

London Fire Risk Assessments advice to clients: Do you have a 5 year periodical test certificate for your Electrics? If not you need one for your commercial premise. Keeping your electic’s tested and maintained is crucial. Remember also to carry out a PAT on you electrical appliances. Your Fire Risk Assessment for your café, shop, office or any commercial premise will identify visual deficiencies as part of the Fire Safety Inspection. If you need a Fire Safety Inspection call us now to arrange an appointment 01689 890879